Friday, February 27, 2009

Valentine's, Boo-Boo's and Baby Reed Countdown

We're counting down the days until "Beck Beck" and Baby Reed come to Georgia! We can't wait to see this handsome guy again! 13 days and counting...

Isn't he the cutest thing ever?!
Taylor has had a very eventful February to say the least! She's doing great with potty-training, got her colors down pat, working hard on her numbers and "ABCB's" and no longer sleeping in her crib! But we'll get to that later! :) Here's a few shots from last night with her I love Daddy pj shirt...Mommy's little angel...
Do a little dance...And chillin' like Daddy...
Price Payne came over for a little while on Friday morning and they played so sweetly together! They are 5 weeks apart...

The other morning I found Taylor here...
brushing her teeth in this little box!
She knows that she can't walk around with the toothbrush in her mouth and we usually stand in the bathroom but if she does insist on leaving the bathroom I always tell her to go sit down. At least she follows directions! Sweet girl...
Taylor loves a good tea party! Here she is at Gram's having a tea party. Gram said she brought her cups and plates and got at the "big" table and had herself a little tea party.
Stir, stir, stir!
This is good!Gram had us all over for dinner to celebrate February birthdays (mine and Rebekah's) and the girls wanted to bake sugar cookies with Gram. Here they are waiting "patiently" by the oven.Taylor with Uncle Jeff...I think she was too concerned about the sugar cookies to smile!This is Taylor's game to play at Gram and Grandpa's...bounce on the balloon. The kids started at Christmas when Caleb was here and they just thought it was hilarious. They think it's even better when the balloon pops! Caleb is coming to visit next weekend...and we CAN'T WAIT!! Hurry Caleb, hurry!The week of Valentine's our playgroup had a Valentine party at Melanie's house. That morning in the five minutes it took me to throw on a jacket and hat...Taylor made this beautiful mural on the wall. It's hard to see in the picture but it's beautiful...five feet in length and at least four feet high. And...just so you know, those "Twistable" crayons-from Crayola-that look more like pencils...they don't come off of paint as easy as regular crayons. She's done this once before (on a much smaller scale) and it came off so easy with a baby wipe. This won't even come off with the Mr. Clean magic eraser!! I think we're going to have to repaint. But luckily, this is the color we're going to paint the upstairs. Hopefully, we'll have a post about that soon! Kevin's working really hard to get it finished and now he has the best motivation of all-Taylor! She says, "Daddy work on playroom" now or stands at the stairs and says, "playroom?" So sweet!When Taylor walks by the mural now she either says, "bad girl" or "that's blue." And yes, you did use the blue crayon, Taylor!We had a great time at our party! Here's the gang...Taylor, Carlie Wolfer, Maggie Duke, Ellie Grace, Mallory Hulsey, Laney Carney, William Pethal and Harrison Hulsey.
Melanie really went all out and decorated and cooked a yummy 'heart' cake and cupcakes. Thanks Melanie!
It was such a beautiful day! We got to play outside.
Here's Miss Laney swinging...
Taylor and Laney... Taylor baking in Maggie's cute little kitchen...

After the playgroup party, we met Daddy at the park for lunch and played on the playground. Had a GREAT day! Really enjoyed the weather and being outside. Well, we finished the day with a bang! That night, 15 minutes after I put her to bed...Taylor climbed out of her crib. And when I say 'climbed', I really mean pulled herself up and fell head first to the floor. Hardwood floor. It was awful! As soon as I heard the thud, I KNEW what had happened and by the time I ran in to get her (10 seconds, top) this is what she looked like...
My poor baby girl! We rushed to the hospital to make sure she was ok. It didn't knock her out and the knot came out instead of going in but we had to make sure. They had to do a CT scan to make sure there was no skull fracture. It was a nightmare! And I was so terrified and in a hurry, I ran out of the house in my pajama bottoms and socks! No shoes!! Luckily, I grabbed my jacket. It was a terrible experience, we were there until 4 in the morning. But thank the good Lord my baby girl has a hard head and is tough!! She was perfectly fine. We were so thankful. So we came home and at 4 am we put up...the pack n' play! And she has been sleeping in it ever since. We're shopping for a bed for her room... Poor Taylor. She cried for her crib for a few days but she'd also say, "I fall down" and "Taylor boo boo." She's sleeping her usual 12-13 hours a night so she's fine in it until we find the perfect bed for her.

This is her new fun place to play...Daddy's closet. A few weeks ago, I cleaned it out for him (which is funny b/c he's the neat freak!). Taylor immediately brought ALL of her stuffed animals and dolls in to play. I guess it was the first time she'd seen the floor in there! There have been several times where I've found the oddest things in Kevin's closet...stuff she's "hiding" from Mommy.
Taylor says, "Have a great week, everybody! Thanks for reading my blog!"


Just kidding! That's me, at her age. Did I fool anybody? I guess we favor a little. :)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't know she bumped her head!! I didn't even notice at playgoup...to busy with all the kids! Love the pic of you when you were little. Too cute!